Monday, March 19, 2012

HB Reads Event with Temple Grandin

This week, Temple Grandin, the author and Autism advocate, will be here in Huntington Beach, for our HB Reads program.

I am really looking forward to the visit - Temple's story is inspirational for anyone who has been touched by Autism or other related disabilities. Her work with animals is also inspirational - her research into animal behavior is fascinating and illuminating. I first heard Temple speak on NPR, talking about one of her books on animals. She spoke of her own autism, and how she relates to animals. Her talk made me check out her books, and learn more about her own story.

I am looking forward to hearing more, this week.

2 comments:

  1. Your post was simple yet I like it. I will visit this site again. Big thanks for sharing.

    homes in Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I hope you continue to visit and find interesting and/or useful information.

    ReplyDelete