Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and as we all gear up for the holiday, I thought this was a good moment to pause and consider what I am thankful for here at the Huntington Beach Public Library.

As a librarian, I am thankful for all my colleagues that inspire, challenge, encourage and engage me. If it wasn't for the greater library community, I would not be nearly as good a library director as I (hope) I am. I find new ideas, think about things differently and find new solutions from conversations and ideas that my peers and colleagues share.

As a Library Director, there are so many things to be thankful for that I could go on for quite some time. I am thankful for my staff who continue to amaze me with their resilience, creativity and dedication. We've gone through some major changes this past year, really in just the past few months, and everyone keeps surprising me. Their willingness to look at things differently, talk about what we do and how we can do it differently but efficiently and still maintain our service standards is remarkable. Each and everyone of my staff make a difference everyday in what we can do for the community.

I am also immensely thankful for our amazing community supporters. Without the strong interest and support of our library patrons, Friends and volunteers, the library would be a much less vibrant and exciting place. Thank you all for making it possible for me to work with you to make the Huntington Beach Public Library a truly transformational place.

I hope everyone has a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment